General Announcements & Reminders
- The big item coming up for you this week is Paper #1.
- In order to help your prepare this paper I will be holding a live session. I will take questions and talk through aspects of the paper. The session will take place on Blackboard Collaborate, which you can access through our Blackboard course site. It will be recorded in case you can’t make it. I will also be available for appointments next week. We can chat over video through blackboard, or if this doesn’t work for you we can figure out an alternative.
- I have graded all of your blogs through Blog Post # 3. You can find your grade under “my grades” in Blackboard and find comments on the CUNY Commons course site. If I have made a mistake and you don’t see a grade for your submission please let me know. Also let me know if you are behind.
- There are also new posts in the “Events & Opportunities” category on the course site. I would like to highlight one: the English Department’s National Day on Writing event. This will be a great opportunity for you to connect with fellow students and faculty and I highly encourage you to participate.
Here’s what you should have completed this week:
- Part 1:
- Part 2:
- Read: Seeing Through Race: a Reinterpretation of Civil Rights Photography, “Introduction: The Iconic Photographs of Civil Rights” by Martin A. Berger
- Respond: Blog post #4
Here’s what you should complete next week: